Overlay for the aviation turbulence icons

From: 김정훈 <kimjh99_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:16:34 +0900

Dear developers for NCL

Nice to see you. I'm Jung-Hoon Kim at Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea. I'm Ph.D. Student for atmospheric dynamics.
I usually use NCL for plotting all of my reseach results. While I plotted turbulence indices such as Ri (Richardson number), TI (Turbulence Index; Ellord and Knapp 1992) and so on, I would like to overlay the turbulence icons observed and reported by PIREPs (pilot reports) using NCL. I couldn't find how can I overlay turbulence icons (light, moderate, severe), even though I tried to find on the NCL web page. Is there something to solve this problem ? Please, let me know, if you have the solutions.
following figure is the example of overlayed turbulence icons over the CONUS.

Best regards,

Jung-Hoon, Kim

Jung-Hoon, Kim
Ph.D. Student
Laboratory for Atmospheric Dynamics
Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Yonsei University
262 Seongsanno, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, 120-749, Korea
Tel.: +82-2-2123-7643, Fax: +82-2-365-5163
E-mail: kimjh99_at_yonsei.ac.kr