Re: Method 2: netCDF output with file predefinition

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:58:27 -0600 (MDT)

It looks like you are hitting the 2 Gb limit.

I should have mentioned this earlier: before your addfile call, try
adding this call:

   setfileoption(a,"Format","LargeFile")

Be sure to replace with the file pointer returned from your
call to "addfile".

Please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/setfileoption.shtml

for more information.