Resource errors

From: James Correia <jimmyc42_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:27:23 -0700

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I write NCL code and finally have it
debugged, at least all the way to the plotting section of the script, I
dislike that NCL will terminate when a non-essential line of code errs.
for example,
1. do a large calculation
2. prepare resources for plotting
then set the title of the plot:
res_at_tiMainString = times(it) ; <---"it"
plot = ...

well, in my case I forgot to change the title (after my "it" loop, "it" was
greater than the dimensioned array). It would be nice if NCL could ignore my
forgetfulness and just not use said resource if it is undefined or that
array is out of bounds or something, and then continue to do the plot.

I guess this would require resource error checking. Is that is at all
possible. I certainly understand if it is not feasible. But it would be nice
if NCL didnt quit when a resource wasnt set properly as demonstrated here.
Maybe even a function that would be called when a resource errors to set it
to null...

--
James Correia Jr.
Post Doc