Re: no libgfortran.so.1

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:31:09 -0600 (MDT)

Xiaofeng,

In order to run NCL, you need to have gfortran installed on your
system, even if you are not explicitly using gfortran. This is because
NCL requires a GNU Fortran and C compiler in order to be compiled (on Mac
and Linux systems), and they have dependencies on these *.so files.

Do you have gfortran on your system? If so, which version are you
running? If you don't have gfortran, try installing it from:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran

>From this page, you will see "Binaries for Windows, Linux, MacOS". Click
on this link, and it should take you to a page where you can
get the gfortran binary you need.

Once you download and install gfortran, hopefully the error message
will go away. My one fear is that it may give you "libgfortran.so.2"
and not "libgfortran.so.1". Let me know if this happens and NCL is
still not working.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of NCL, 5.0.0.

--Mary