Re: Writing to an HDF4 File

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:03:52 -0600

Hi Tony,

You should be able to just take any example that writes a NetCDF file,
change the extension of the filename from ".nc" (or one of its
variants like ".cdf")
to ".hdf", and produce an HDF4 file.

Here is a basic gsun example that I have modified in this way to
create an HDF4 file.
Note the example does some plotting prior to writing out the file.
  -dave