rgrid2rcm: only missing values returned.

From: James Correia <jimmyc42_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:09:12 -0700

Hi-
I am trying to interpolate the monthly rainfall from 0.25 degree CPC data to
the WRF model grid. I have attached the lat and lon (1d arrays) to the
variable, but I can only get it rgrid2rcm to return missing values.

here is the code snippet:
;read in wrf 2d arrays for lat and lon
xlat = g->XLAT(0,:,:) ; 2d
xlon = g->XLONG(0,:,:)

;read in CPC data
lat = f->lat(:) ;1d
lon = f->lon(:)

pr = short2flt(precip(547,:,:)) ;2d for simplicity
var = pr*25.4 ;get to mm
copy_varCoords(pr,var) ;just in case
var@_FillValue = -999.

xgrd = rgrid2rcm(var&lat,var&lon,var,xlat,xlon,0)

;;;;;;;;;;;
I can plot the "var" variable just fine. However, xgrd has all missing
values.

I have tried to set the missing value flag to 0, but that didnt fly:
0.0 currently not supported as a missing value, expect inaccurate plot.

The CPC data has lots of missing values at the edges of the US. I doubt that
makes a difference.

Am I misisng something?

--
James Correia Jr.