Re: Orientation of an NCL Plot

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:16:48 -0600

FYI:

The actual answer to Tony's questions was to use the

"mpCenterRotF" resource.

mpCenterRotF (MapTransformation)
     Unless the origin lies at one of the poles, this resource defines
the angle that the map projection coordinate system is rotated
counterclockwise from a vector directed north with origin at the
projection center. If the projection center is at the North Pole, the
vector points in the direction of mpCenterLonF+180.0. If the center is
the South Pole, the vector points in the direction of mpCenterLonF.
mpCenterRotF applies for all values of the mpProjection resource except
for LambertConformal.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polar.shtml

These usually use: gsn_csm_contour_map_polar
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_csm_contour_map_polar.
shtml>

Example 12 illustrates use of the " mpCenterLonF" resource
which is, I think, what you want.