Re: print to file

From: Jonathan Vigh <vigh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:10:28 +0000

Hi Alexandra,
   Dennis's suggestion of using Unix redirection is handy for dumping
general output to a file, but if you want to write specific data (as you
might in a 'print' statement), you can use asciiwrite or write_matrix -
this approach would allow you to write specific data to several files:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/asciiwrite.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/write_matrix.shtml

To use asciiwrite for a 1D array or perhaps for a string:
   filepath = "/home/whatever/project_a/"
   filename = "foo.txt"
   output = "This is what I want to print to a file"
   asciiwrite(filepath+filename,output)

Jonathan