Re: regridding a non-global dataset

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:32:03 -0600

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/linint2.shtml

or, with meta data,

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/linint2_Wrap.shtml

Gina Henderson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to regrid 0.5x0.5 data (360 lat x 720 lon) to a 64x128
> grid and then compare to model output. I have tried using g2gsh_Wrap
> function but get an error as the input data contains missing values
> (as there are only values over land) and the interpolation not
> performed. Which interpolation function would be best for this?
>
> Also I want to compare this regridded data to model output over land
> only so how do contour over land values of the model field only?
>
> Thanks, Gina.

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |