Need Help for undefined symbol _gfortran_copy_string and gfortran_internal_malloc64

From: <xianweiw_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:57:55 -0800 (PST)

From: "Xianwei Wang" <xianweiw_at_uci.edu>
To: ncl-talk_at_ucar.edu

HI,
I just updated my Kubuntu from 8.0.4 to 8.10, and also reinstall the
gss-trunk (gcc-trunk-x86_64.tar.gz). NCL works fine on the general
calculation, but it had an error when I plot a figure. The error is:
"ncl: symbol lookup error: ncl: undefined symbol: _gfortran_copy_string"

I read the posts on the forum and knew the "_gfortran_copy_string" is
related to gcc-4.1, but how could solve the undefined symbol on the latest
version?

In addition, when I did regridding, I also had an another NCL problem on
the undefined symbol: _gfortran_internal_malloc64:
"ncl: symbol lookup error: ncl: undefined symbol:
_gfortran_internal_malloc64"

How could I solve thees problems?

By the way, my scripts worked fine and did not have any problem on my old
Kubutu 8.0.4 version.

Thanks..

Xianwei

Department of Earth System Science