Re: Need Help for undefined symbol _gfortran_copy_string and gfortran_internal_malloc64 (fwd)

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 17:17:53 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

This is the usual frustrating problem of trying to run an NCL that was
built with the gfortran compiler, and thus it needs a gfortran system
library in order to resolve some symbols at run-time.

Do you have gfortran installed your system? If so, try looking for the
location of a file "libgfortran.so", and then setting your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the path to this file:

csh/tcsh, if LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't currently set:

    setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /path/to/the/libgfortran.so/file

csh/tcsh, if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is currently set:

    setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /path/to/the/libgfortran.so/file:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

sh/bash, if LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't currently set.

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/the/libgfortran.so/file

sh/bash, if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is currently set:

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/the/libgfortran.so/file:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Of course, replace "/path/to/the/libgfortran.so/file" with the
appropriate path on your system.

Let me know if this doesn't work.

--Mary