high resolution ice plots

From: David Bailey <dbailey_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:09:11 -0700

Hi there,

I was looking for some thoughts from people on contouring high
resolution (0.1-degree global) sea ice data. I have been bumping up the
*wsMaximumSize value, but a number of the plots still blow memory. This
is likely a difficult task for NCL as we are supplying data on a
0.1-degree tripole grid with the lat/lons.

I could certainly sub-sample or interpolate the data to a coarser
resolution before plotting. I wondered if the gsn_csm_contour_map_polar
has a built in option to do this before plotting?

Thanks.
Dave