Re: country map

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:40:22 -0700

Hi Goran,
You can specify what countries to draw by setting
mpOutlineBoundarySets="NoBoundaries" and then by specifying what to draw
via mpOutlineSpecifiers.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/mp.shtml#mpOutlineSpecifiers
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/mp.shtml#mpDataSetName

Note that the data set names depend on which data set version you are
using. Here's an example script, which uses the Earth..2 database.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/Classes/MapPlotData4_1_earth_2.shtml

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"

begin
   wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","test")
   res = True
   res_at_mpMinLatF = 30.
   res_at_mpMaxLatF = 55.
   res_at_mpMinLonF = 0.
   res_at_mpMaxLonF = 30.
   res_at_mpFillOn= False
   res_at_mpDataSetName = "Earth..2"
   res_at_mpDataBaseVersion = "Ncarg4_1"
   res_at_mpOutlineBoundarySets = "NoBoundaries"
   res_at_mpOutlineSpecifiers = (/"Croatia","Slovenia",\
   "Bosnia and Herzegovina","Hungary","Yugoslavia","Italy","Eurasia"/)
   plot = gsn_csm_map_ce(wks,res)
end

Serbia and Montenegro are not available in the Earth..2 database
(Yugoslavia is though). However, in the upcoming Earth..4 database,
Serbia and Montenegro are available. The Earth..4 database will be
released along with the next version of ncl in a month or so.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/Classes/MapPlotData4_1_earth_4.shtml
Adam