Re: cape and max_dbz problem

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:57:49 -0700

Goran,

I think you may have some code that was never released. The
"rip_reflectivity" function doesn't exist, but there's one called
"wrf_dbz" that will be released in the next version.

Also, I'm not sure what "max_dbz" is, as this is not in our version of
wrf_user_getvar in WRFUserARW.ncl. I'm CC'ing wrfhelp_at_ucar.edu in case
they know what "max_dbz" is supposed to be.

We are getting ready to release a new set of wrf functions, including
wrf_cape_2d, wrf_cape_3d, wrf_dbz, among others. This will be in
V5.0.1 of NCL.

--Mary