Re: contour line label density problem

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:54:35 -0700

Hi Jin-Young Kim,

I'm assuming that you are referring to the labels for the pressure
level contour lines. It appears that you are doing something that
results in these contour lines (and labels) to be drawn twice in the
same plot frame. The default label positioning scheme has a random
element to it that causes slightly different positioning each time
the contours are drawn. I think this is the cause of the overlap that
you are observing. If you set cnLineLabelPlacementMode to "Constant"
or to "Computed" I think the overlap would disappear. However, the
best solution would be to figure out what is causing these contour
lines to be drawn twice and fix that problem.
  -dave