Re: Reflectivity problems

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:41:29 -0700

Jonathan,

You are right, the function seems to be correctly defined in your
second load statement. Debugging is needed.

Use the function isdefined at the start of the script to determine
the status of the function name. Actually I recommend a test
program where you delete the entire body of your main program, just
keep the three load statements, then print the isdefined result
after each load statement.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/isdefined.shtml

Then you may need to wade deeper into one of the load scripts,
showing isdefined result to find out where the name is actually
defined and undefined. Divide and conquer. You might have
something obscure like spelling error, premature end statement,
unrelated script error, rogue undefine, etc.

BTW, were there any other error messages showing before the
undefined message? If so, deal with prior errors first and the
undefined may resolve itself. HTH.

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/

jwsmith_at_ucar.edu wrote:
> To whom this may concern:
>
> In a reflectivity script I have the variable qr = wrf_user_getvar(a,
> "QRAIN", time). Other parameters are written simiularly. However, I
> get the following error: Undefined identifier: (wrf_user_getref) is
> undefined, can't continue.
>
> In a library script loaded entitled wrf_user_mass (provided in the NCAR
> Graphics library), I see the following lines
>
> undef("wrf_user_getvar")
>
> function wrf_user_getvar( nc_file:file, variable:string, time:integer )
> local var,density,dimv,dimd,base,qv,thetap, \
> msft,dzetadz,vartmp,vartheta,varthetap,varpi
>
> Does this script mean that wrf_user_getvar is undefined? How can I get
> past this error? I have attached the script.
>
> Jonathan
>
> P.S. commenting out undef("wrf_user_getvar") did not alleviate the
> problem.

<snip>

> load "/ptmp/jwsmith/NCLscripts/wrf_plot.ncl"
> load "/ptmp/jwsmith/NCLscripts/wrf_user_mass.ncl"
> load "/ptmp/jwsmith/NCLscripts/gsn_code.ncl"

<snip>