gsn_text_ndc on the figure foreground

From: Michel dos Santos Mesquita <michel_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 05:22:37 -0900 (AKST)

Hi everyone,

I have created a panel plot (4 figures, 2x2) showing MSLP data for
different days. I now want to add the words 'L' and 'H' to some of the
lows and highs on the plot. I have done that using gsn_text_ndc.
The gsn_text_ndc works perfectly, except that over the continents (gray
color) it draws the words 'L' or 'H' under the map, in the background.
This makes it impossible to see the words. Over the ocean there is no
problem because it is 'transparent' on the plot.
How can I bring the text from gsn_text_ndc to the foreground?
Here are the last lines of my script:

;************************************************
; Draw text on plot using NDC coordinates
;************************************************
  txres = True
  txres_at_txFontHeightF = 0.01

; First figure (panel)
  gsn_text_ndc(wks,"L",0.1,0.6,txres)
  gsn_text_ndc(wks,"H",0.26,0.58,txres)
; Second figure (panel)
  gsn_text_ndc(wks,"L",0.71,0.64,txres)
  gsn_text_ndc(wks,"H",0.79,0.57,txres)
; Third figure (panel)
  gsn_text_ndc(wks,"L",0.30,0.43,txres)
  gsn_text_ndc(wks,"H",0.31,0.34,txres)
; Fourth figure (panel)
  gsn_text_ndc(wks,"L",0.81,0.45,txres)
  gsn_text_ndc(wks,"H",0.81,0.33,txres)

;*******************************************
; draw panel plot
  resP = True
  resP_at_gsnPanelFigureStrings = (/"a)","b)","c)","d)"/)

  gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/2,2/),resP) ; create panel plot

I thank you in advance!

Kindest regards,

Michel

--