Too Many Files ?

From: Helen Parish <hparish_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 00:12:21 -0800

I am trying to use "specx_anal" to make a spectrum over time.
However, I was not aware that there is an upper limit on the number
of files that can be used by this routine. When I tried to run the
routine I got the error message "fatal:Too many open files" several
times before I stopped the program.

What is the upper limit on the number of files that can be used ?. (I
was trying to follow a time sequence using 252 files output at
different times).

Thanks,
Helen.