Re: Too Many Files ?

From: Andrea Hahmann <ahah_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:08:42 +0100

Dear Helen

Are these netcdf files you are reading? If it is that questions was
answered over the list just one or two days ago:
I quote:

You need to use the following incantation in your script prior to
opening any files:

setfileoption("nc","SuppressClose",False)

See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/
setfileoption.shtml

Hope this helps,
Andrea

--
Andrea N. Hahmann
Senior Scientist

Wind energy Division
Risų National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy
Technical University of Denmark ­ DTU
Building 114, P.O. Box 49
DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Tel +45 4677 4677