Re: lat/lon to lambert outside of NCL (Jamie Lahowetz)

From: Jamie Lahowetz <jrl9262_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:32:35 -0600

what is the variable conv for? Is it the distance between grids?
I changed it around for F90 and I get NaN for the lats. The grib data
reports two 'true lats' but they are both the same. This could be the reason
why I get a NaN (division be zero maybe) How do you handle these situations?

I have been messing with the w3fb12 included in the w3lib supplied (kind of)
by NCEP. It does well on lat/lon 2 lambert but is aweful the other way. I
also tried an equation I found in "map Projections - A Working Manual".
Results as such:

lat of 1 = 1.0
lon of 1 = -145.0
lon of orientation = -107.0
lat secant1 = 50.0
lat secant2 = 50.0
spacing = 32463 meters

subbounds within this domain: 43.5 39.0 -99.0 -93.5

NCL grid # for bounds(respectively):124 106 196 208
Book results: 119 117 187 208

One out of 4 is.... bad. I do admit that it could be me of course, I'm only
human. I do ask anyone who have a conversion script (any language not just
fortran) to try out these numbers and see what you get. I'm very curious If
there are any scripts out there that work better. Thanks before hand, this
forum is always helpful.

--
Jamie Ryan Lahowetz
University of Nebraska - Lincoln