setting cnLevelSelectionMode

From: Gina Henderson <ginah_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:33:33 -0500

Hi there,

I have a question about setting manual contour intervals in ncl. I am
concerned because I created a panel plot for data using the "RasterFill"
mode and added a common color bar. I then wanted to change the contour
interval on the color bar and when I set my own contour values, the data
values seemed to change. To check I set the manual levels to the same as
what the default values had been (same max and min and breaks) and the two
plots vary greatly.

What I am concerned about is, how does the manual contour value option in
ncl really work and why should setting this value manually (to the same
value as the default) change the plot so drastically? I have attached two
plots showing the difference between when I set the manual levels and when I
do not.

Any insight into this problem I would really appreciate,
thanks, Gina.

--
Gina Henderson
Graduate Student