lat/lon to lambert outside of NCL

From: Jamie Lahowetz <jlahowe2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:05:06 -0600

Well I have been trying to do this forever and every equation I have found
is off or gives weird numbers.
I want to have a fortran routine that reads a lat/lon and converts it to a
lambert conic conformal grid pair (I have visualized the values using NCL
and they seem right). These grid values are then used to find the grib NARR
value. I would also like to go from lambert to lat/lon. What I have found
seems to be off a bit. I'm not sure where to turn to get answers. So I'm
asking if anyone here has done this and how? Or if anyone has any references
to equations or pages dealling with this type of conversion. Thanks.

--
Jamie Ryan Lahowetz
University of Nebraska - Lincoln