title viewport

From: Lunde, Bruce N CIV NAVOCEANO, NP1 <bruce.lunde_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:07:53 -0400

Hello,

I have several questions regarding how NCL
handles plotting and clipping on a "page".

What would be the best documentation on
how NCL positions and clips items on a
"page" (using different viewports and
the options that each viewport has or
doesn't have) ?

For instance, the way I understand
it, there are separate "viewports" for both
the graphs and titles. There is some control
over the graph viewport, but I can't find out
how to change the settings of the title's
viewport (for instance to enlarge it).

In my particular case I have a multi-line title
which is being clipped at its top, but there
is plenty of space on the "page" to support
showing it. I am used to having some sort of
page border/buffer/margin parameter to adjust.

It would be nice if I could draw some boxes
around the actual locations and extents of
the viewports on the page, so I could see
what I am working with and how the different
viewports relate to each other.

Sorry this is a bit rambling. Thanks, Bruce