Re: title viewport

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:59:22 -0600

You are correct that all the annotations associated with a plot have
their own viewports, but when
they are 'attached' to a plot you cannot in general manipulate these
viewports directly. The
annotations are positioned relative to the viewports of the plots to
which they are attached.

For your specific case involving a title that is clipped at the top,
the solution would be to move
the whole plot towards the bottom of the page by setting the vpYF
resource for the plot.
Another possibility is just to set gsnMaximize to True, which will
result in the whole plot being
made as large as possible with everything fitting into the viewable
space.

If you want to understand the details of the NCL plot model, I would
suggest reading the
documentation for the PlotManager class at:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/Classes/PlotManager.shtml

Note that all the annotation types can be created and drawn
independently. In this case the
individual viewports of the annotations are accessible.

Hope this helps.
  -dave