Re: GRIB to .nc conversion

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:44:41 -0600

Hi Owen,

There are two ways you can take this:
1) You can use ncl_convert2nc to get a series of files, and then use
the netCDF operator ncrcat to concatenate the series of files into a
single file. For instance:
ncrcat file01.nc file02.nc file03.nc file01-03.nc
http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html#ncrcat-netCDF-Record-Concatenator

2) You can use addfiles to read in all the GRIB files at once, and write
out a netCDF file yourself:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/addfiles.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/o-netcdf.shtml
(Unless you are dealing with many large arrays/variables, Method 1 under
the 2nd link should work for you.)

Good luck,
Adam