y-axis labels control

From: Mateus Teixeira <mateus.teixeira_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:17:39 -0300

Dear NCL users,

When I plot a XY graphic using the following resources

res_at_tmYLMode = "Explicit"
res_at_tmYLValues = < locations of Y tickmarks >
res_at_tmYLLabels = < labels for Y tickmarks >

I can't define and plot the title for Y axis. The gsn_csm_xy documentation
says that if data has the long_name attribute, it will be used to label X
and Y axes. The x and y variables have the long_name attribute. When I don't
use the above resources, Y axis is correctly labeled, but with these
resources, it appears that long_name of y variable is ignored.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it really ignores long_name for
Y variable because "Explicit" mode was set.

By the way, my XY graphic is a Pressure X Values graphic, so I also tryied
to configure a Y-log axis and define explicitly the tickmark labels, but
couldn't. Is it possible to do?

Best regards,

--
Mateus da Silva Teixeira