Re: how do I make ncl abort on fatal errors

From: Keith Lindsay <klindsay_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:11:48 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

Bob Tomas has informed me that adding begin and end statements to the
beginning and end of the ncl command sequence, will cause ncl to abort
on some fatal errors. When I add these statements to my previous script,
and remove the quit statement, ncl is now aborting when it attempts to
read the non-existent variable. The modified shell script demonstrating
this is attached. Thanks Bob.

A caveat is that even with the begin and end statements, ncl does not
abort on all fatal errors. ncl is classifying the addfile of the
non-existent file as fatal, but it is not aborting. I don't know what
fatal errors ncl will abort on and which ones it will not.

Thanks, Keith