Re: how do I make ncl abort on fatal errors

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:32:44 -0600 (MDT)

Keith,

Technically, I think NCL should abort on "fatal" type of errors,
and not "warning" type of errors. I'm afraid there are places
where we may not have been consistent with this.

In this case, it seems that a non-existent file should cause NCL to
abort. In other words, the following script should not get to
the "print" statement:

begin
   a = addfile("baaaadtest.grb","r")
   print("I don't think this line should be printed")
end

However, I've been wrong about my assumptions before!

Dave B, can you weigh in here?

--Mary