NCL mjo_wavenum_freq_season_plot

From: Traute Crueger <traute.crueger_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:41:58 +0200

Hallo,

I have a question with respect to the NCL MJO analysis tool (MJO Clivar).
I applied the mjoclivar_10.ncl (wavenumber-frequency spectrum).
The plot is perfect. However, in order to compare several of these
plots, it would be useful that the colors levels are determined manually and not automatically.
I made a few attemps, e.g. with

     optPlot_at_cnLevelSelectionMode="ManualLevels"
     optPlot_at_cnMinLevelValF = 0.0
     optPlot_at_cnMaxLevelValF = 8.0
     optPlot_at_cnLevelSpacingF = 0.5
     mjo_wavenum_freq_season_plot
(wf,nameSeason(ns),pltDir,pltType,pltName,optPlot)

however, the plot remains unchanged. How can I to solve this problem?

Thank you and best regards

Traute Crueger

Dr. Traute Crueger
Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Atmosphere in the Earth System
Bundesstrasse 53
D-20146 Hamburg, Germany
Email: traute.crueger_at_zmaw.de
Phone: (+49 40) 41173 - 105