Clipping Outside of Map Viewport

From: Lunde, Bruce N CIV NAVOCEANO, NP1 <bruce.lunde_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:37:20 -0400

Hello,

When using the gsn MAP routines, NCL controls
the tickmark locations (at least to a greater
degree than I wish) and only allows flexibility
with the cylindrical projection.

As a work-around I have written some code to
create tickmarks at the intervals (locations)
I wish (which is projection dependent).

However, my last hurdle is getting NCL to allow
me to plot text outside of the MAP viewport.

Is there some way to get NCL to recognize the
vpClipOn=True|False so I can plot outside of
the map ? Will this parameter allow me to do
this ?

I can send code if needed.

Thanks, Bruce