Producing "stunted" Skew-T's

From: Don Morton <morton_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 13:50:32 -0800

We are producing Skew-T's from model output from Mt. McKinley in Alaska
and our interests are primarily focused on the mountain itself, which
rises to 20,320 feet MSL. As such, the folks who look at our graphics
would be more interested in seeing a full-sized, detailed plot up to
about 400mb, rather than the current 100mb plot I'm producing with NCL.

Is the vertical scale produced by skewT_Background() and/or
skewT_PlotData() fixed at 1000mb to 100mb, or is it somewhat easy to
change this scale and, if so, any hints on how I'd change this?

I've tried limiting the data that I feed to skewT_PlotData() to the
lower levels, but I just end up with a shorter plot still on the 1000mb
to 100mb scale.

Thanks,

Don Morton