How to interpolate polar coordinate to x-y coordinate

From: fjfzcgh <fjfzcgh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 08:43:45 +0800

Hi everyone,
   I have a 2D (21*72) array with 21 grids in radial direction and 72 grids in azimuthal direction (at the interval 5 degree). Now I want to interpolate this array from a polar coordinate to a regular x-y coordinate with 41*41 squared grids. The interpolation functions (linint2 and so on) seem not to work because monotonically increasing lat(or lon) is required. How can I accomplish it using an effective approach? Thanks in advance!

2009-06-08