Re: zoom and highres coast

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:27:41 -0600 (MDT)

Dorita,

I may be missing something, but I didn't see from the code that you
attached where you are telling NCL to use the high-resolution
database. You need to set the following resource before you call
wrf_map_zoom:

   res_at_mpDataBaseVersion = "HighRes" ; Use the high-res database

Also, I do see a map outline in the code you gave me, but it's very
faint. The WRF routines make this outline gray and only a thickness of
0.5, so it's hard to see.

You can change this with:

   res_at_mpGeophysicalLineColor = "black"
   res_at_mpGeophysicalLineThicknessF = 2.0

The 2.0 is probably too thick, but this will help you see that there
is indeed an outline there.

--Mary