help

From: yanling_1220 <yanling_1220_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:25:26 +0800 (CST)

hello£¬

I'm trying to Installing NCL under Windows/Cygwin/X on my computer, but the X Server can't start up. I have installed the ¡®xinit¡¯package which is requite for the starting the X server , but Under the installing directory "E:\cygwin" , it didn't have the ¡®bin¡¯ file, as you can see below. Scripts for starting the X server: xinit, startx, startwin.sh, startxwin.bat, startxdmcp.bat also can¡¯t find.

When I tested the NCL, typed the following:

cp $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/xyplot/xy04n.ncl .
ncl xy04n.ncl
A window with an XY plot didn¡¯t pop up, and I got the error:
cp: cannot stat`/usr/local/lib/ncarg/nclex/xyplot/xy04n.ncl': No such file or directory

If anybody knows how I should proceed please let me know, thanks!!!

Regards,

sunflower