Re: help

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:55:20 -0600

Hi,

In the future, would you post installation questions to "ncl-install"
intstead of "ncl-talk".

It looks like you haven't set the NCARG_ROOT environment variable
correctly,
as the file you are trying to copy:

    cp $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/xyplot/xy04n.ncl .

doesn't exist.

Please double-check that you have set NCARG_ROOT correctly.
It should be set to the directory of wherever you did the "tar -xvf"
command from.

Meanwhile, you can separately test if your X11 server is working by
typing an X11 application, like:

   xclock

This should pop up another window with a clock.

--Mary