Re: Order of function load matters ??

From: Saji N. Hameed <saji_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:00:38 +0900

Dear NCL developers,

> function definitions matters ?! This does not make sense to me, since
> one cannot always know the ordering of the function calls.

I also support Jack. This gives some minor problems when organising
functionality into libraries. One has to always make sure of the order of the
"loaded" user libraries. It would be nice if this restriction was
relaxed.

saji

--
* Jack Glendening <ncarg_drjack_at_drjack.info> [2009-06-26 17:46:33 -0700]:
> Using NCL 5.0.0, I have sets of functions in two files which I load
> immediately one after the other ala
>
>  load "FunctionsFile_A"
>  load "FunctionsFile_B"
>  NCL COMMANDS WHICH CALL FUNCTIONS IN THE ABOVE FILES
>
> I just altered one of the functions in "FucntionsFile_A" to utilize a
> new function "nintspan".  When I placed the new function at the top of
> "FunctionsFile_A" it worked.  But if I moved the new function to
> "FunctionsFile_B" I got the message "fatal:Undefined identifier:
> (nintspan) is undefined".  So apparently the the ordering of the
> function definitions matters ?!  This does not make sense to me, since
> one cannot always know the ordering of the function calls.
>
>             Jack Glendening

Saji N. Hameed
APEC Climate Center
1463 U-dong, Haeundae-gu,                               +82 51 745 3951
BUSAN 612-020, KOREA                    		saji_at_apcc21.net
Fax: +82-51-745-3999