error message when contouring with gsn_csm_contour

From: <Mark.Collier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:55:08 +1000

Hi,
i have a script which plots numerous cross-sections of salinity as a function of depth and latitude. To explain the problem simply, when I chose automatic levels it works ok, however, if I choose levels it gives me an error:

fatal:ContourPlotDraw: CPCLAM - CONTRADICTORY AREA-IDENTIFIERINFORMATION
fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error

I saw a similar post on the archive but no solution posted. I have put the script fig17.ncl (with the setting where the plot fails) and dataset gfdl_salt_zonal.nc on the incoming area of the ftp.cgd.ucar.edu site.

I am using version 5.1.1 of NCL.

Regards,
Mark.