Re: confidence interval

From: Mateus Teixeira <mateus.teixeira_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 23:47:00 -0300

Hi Lei,

You can create another array in which you put 0 for below 90% confidence and
1 for above 90% confidence. After, you can plot this array as filled
contours, without its contour, then plot above this field, the rainfall
field.

As a result, you'll have your rainfall field with shades where it is above
90% significant.

See below

mapa = True
mapa_at_gsnFrame = False
mapa_at_gsnDraw = False
mapa_at_gsnAddCyclic = False
mapa_at_cnFillOn = True ; c/ preenchimento
de cores
mapa_at_cnLinesOn = False ; s/ linhas
mapa_at_cnLineLabelsOn = False ; s/ rotulos nas
linhas
mapa_at_cnMonoFillColor = True ; uma unica cor =
sombreado
mapa_at_cnFillColor = "grey" ; cor do sombreado
mapa_at_lbLabelBarOn = False ; s/ barra de cores
plot0 = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce( wks, mask, mapa ) ; plota sombreado

mapa2 = True
mapa2_at_gsnFrame = False
mapa2_at_gsnDraw = False
mapa2_at_gsnAddCyclic = False
mapa2_at_cnFillOn = False
plot1 = gsn_csm_contour( wks, contourField, mapa2 )

overlay( plot0, plot1 )
draw( plot0 )

As you can see, plot0 is the shaded field and plot1 is the contour plot.
See, also, an attached figure showing the result of this plot.

I hope I could help you

Best regards,

Mateus

2009/7/1 Lei <dream916_at_gmail.com>

> Hi,
> I would like to highlight (shade) the regions with precipitation
> above or below 90% confidence limits. For each grid cell, the
> confidence limits are different. Is there any efficient way to do
> this? Thanks,
> Lei

Mateus da Silva Teixeira
Registered Linux User #466740