Re: readAsciiTable

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 08:52:18 -0600

Hi Jason,

As Dennis stated offline, it would be helpful if we can get a stripped
down version of your script.

One thing that could be a problem here is if you are reading in arrays
of strings.

There is one temporary variable that might be the culprit, and that is
"xs".

If you look at the $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/
contributed.ncl code,
and look for the readAsciiTable function, you will see "xs" being used.

Right after it is used in the "asciiwrite" call, you can try deleting
it:

delete(xs)

and see if this helps.

Temporary variables should get deleted by NCL, but maybe
there's a problem here.

--Mary