Re: outputting latitudes and longitudes that NCL computes

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:23:59 -0600

Hi Anneliese,
Actually, assuming you are plotting this image using trDoNDCOverlay
set to True, it should be possible to acquire the lat/lon locations
of the grid points using the function
ndctodata. If you like, I will try to create an example using your
data and script as a starting point, and post it back to ncl-talk. If
this is ok with you, let me know and I will send you uploading
instructions.

There have been a number of requests for this sort of functionality
lately. Hopefully we can implement a general solution that does not
require actually creating a plot, but gives the answer directly. We
have the code at the lower level, but need to make it more available
to users.
  -dave