Re: outputting latitudes and longitudes that NCL computes

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 13:22:42 -0600

Hi Anneliese,

I am attaching a script along with the output that demonstrates the
technique for calculating the 2d lat/lon coordinates for your
satellite data.
I simplified your original script so that it just plots the raw data.
This method should work for any data that you can correctly overlay
on a map using "tfDoNDCOverlay = True".
I am also attaching the output -- first showing the data plotted with
"tfDoNDCOverlay = True" , the second showing the data plotted on an
orthographic projection using the generated 2d lat/lon coordinates.