COARDS-compliant

From: Mark Fenbers <Mark.Fenbers_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:46:08 -0400

I just learned about and installed NCL today. My starting netCDF file
is not COARDS-compliant, but ncl_filedump reads the file, interprets the
information, and outputs variable:data pairs without errors. From what
I read, I understand that ncl_convert2nc is capable of creating a
COARDS-compliant netCDF file (presumably if given the proper options).
However, ncl_convert2nc will not ingest a netCDF file like ncl_filedump
can. So how would I go about converting one netCDF file to another?

Mark