New NCL website

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 05:38:04 -0600 (MDT)

We're excited to announce a new design for the NCL web site!

Some new features that we think you'll like include:

   - Cleaner and more modern look.

   - Pull-down menus allow quicker access to sub pages.

   - Better organization of the navigation bars.

   - More useful information on main page (announcements, upcoming
     release, workshops).

The structure of the new web site should be almost identical to the
previous web site, so most bookmarks should still work.

Many thanks go to Adam Phillips of NCAR/CGD, who designed this web
site in his spare time. Adam provides scientific and programming
support for both NCL and the Community Atmosphere Model (CAM).

The previous NCL web site is still available, should you wish to
compare. It will stay up until the end of August:

      http://archive.ncl.ucar.edu/

We are interested in getting your feedback.

You can send comments to both Adam and Mary (asphilli_at_ucar.edu,
haley_at_ucar.edu). If you want to start a dialog on ncl-talk, that's
fine too. Please be respectful of the amount of email that goes
through this list, and not overwhelm it with minor issues.