Re: Fixed grid from ncep map plotting

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:03:09 -0600

It is my feeling that you should be able to plot the fields directly.

On import, the variables have the coordinate information
appropriate for the variable. The 94x192 is a standard gaussian grid.
Sould be trivial.

Correia, James wrote:
> Hi All-
> I am using ncl_convert2nc on a number of grib files from NCEPs CFS model. I
> am not sure how to associate the data with the correct mapping. The data
> appear to be of a similar form of the reanalysis data (2.5 by 2.5 degrees)
> with 73 lat and 144 lon points for the pgb files, however the flx files have
> a different lat lon grid (grid number = 98) with 94 lat and 192 lon.
>
> Anyone out there have any experience with this dataset to help me plot it
> correctly on a map?
> Thanks
>

> James Correia Jr., PhD
> Climate Physics Group
> Post. Doc.
> Pacific Northwest National Lab
>
> "Wisdom. Strength. Courage. Generosity. Each of us are born with one of
> these. It is up to us to find the other three inside of us."
> -Into the West

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |