Re: question about obj_anal_ic

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:16:38 -0600

gcs wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>
> I have a question about the program obj_anal_ic, the headline of the
> function explanation shows that the obj_anal_ic is a function for
> Iterative correction objective analysis (Cressman, Barnes). My
> question is how could I figure it out which parameter to be set in
> this function will result in the schemed Cressman or Barnes.

You have no option. The following is currently 'hard-wired'

wgt = exp(-4*gcdist(j)^2/dc2)

The documentation mentions '(Cressman, Barnes)' only as a keyword reference.

> Could you told me the difference between obj_anal_ic and OABSFC which
> is the function also performs a Barnes objective analysis on surface
> data in Gempak.

===
I do not use GEMPACK so I can not offer any comparisons.

Good luck

> Thanks for your help, I’m looking forward to get you help.
>
> Gcs
>
> 2009-8-10
>
> 2009-08-10

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |