Re: Logo

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:14:32 -0600 (MDT)

Michael,

This request falls in line with the other requests we've gotten for
being able to import an existing image to add to an NCL image.

We are in the middle of researching options for supplementing our
back-end graphics code with cairo.

This will give us features like unlimited color map sizes,
transparency, and more output graphics formats, which will then enable
us to import images and add to them.

I've asked Fred Clare offline what he had to do to get the NCAR logo
as a separate piece of code. Maybe it's possible to modify this to add
your own logo.

The problem with this code, I think, is that the logo has to be
representable by whatever color map you have. If your logo uses more
than 256 colors, then this will be problematic.

Fred, please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

--Mary