Re: Velocity Potential.

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:36:09 -0600

Hi Owanda,
I'd take a look at the ATMdaily.2005.nc file driectly by doing a ncdump
-h ATMdaily.2005.nc command. Whenever you get that error message, it
either means that the file that you specified isn't present, or that the
variable you are trying to grab isn't present in the netCDF file.

Based on my limited knowledge of GrADS, I think the variable names
within GrADS are case-insensitive. In other words, within the netCDF
file, the variable might very well be "U", and not "u". People with more
experience with GrADS can correct me if I'm wrong on that. And if it is
"U", and as NCL is case-sensitive, you would switch this: U = data->u,
to this: U = data->U
Hope that helps.
Adam