Re: a bug from specx_anal?

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:31:26 -0600

There is no bug in 'specx_anal'.

You have set the 'jave' argument to zero ( 0 ).
This means that no averaging window will be
used on the raw spectral estimates. The result
is a periodogram. Each estimate would have 2 degrees
of freedom (dof). However, you have set the 'pct' argument
to 0.1 which means the data have been tapered.
Hence, the dof is reduced slightly ===> 1.895

[1] you always want to taper any series that is not periodic
to reduce 'leakage'.

[2] You should always set 'jave' to, at least, 3.