Re: problem with colorbar

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 22:54:15 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Bao,

For future reference, it helps if you can send your code so
we have a better chance of figuring out the problem.

If you are getting two different color bars, then there
could be a number of things wrong:

  - You are not using the same color table in both scripts.
    Check if you are calling "gsn_define_colormap" in
    one of the scripts, and not the other.

    You can verify what your color table looks like by adding the
    following call at the end of your scripts:

       gsn_draw_colormap(wks)

    This will generate a frame that draws your current color table.

  - If you are running the scripts on different machines, then it's
    possible that one of your machines is missing a ".hluresfile"
    in your home directory.

    If you have two machines, make sure they both have a ".hluresfile
    file, and check for "wkColorMap". This is the resource that
    allows you to change the default color map for NCL.

  - If the resource "gsnSpreadColors", "gsnSpreadColorStart", and/or
    "gsnSpreadColorEnd" are set, make sure they are set to the same
    values in both scripts.

  - If "cnFillColors" is set, make sure it's set to the same values
    in both scripts.

There may be some other possible problems, but if none of the above
helps, then please send your script and sample images.

Thanks,

--Mary