Re: offline documentation package

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:21:56 -0600 (MDT)

Hi folks,

There sure seem to be a number of different ways to invoke "wget".

Rob Nichols came up with a suggestion, but sent it offline because he
was worried about hammering the NCL website too hard. If you do use
this method, please be aware of this issue.

His suggestion (quoting directly from his email):

   ...the wget approach worked rather well, style-sheets and all.
   Here's what I did:

    wget --recursive --no-clobber --page-requisites --convert-links \
         --domains ncl.ucar.edu --limit-rate=20K --no-parent \
         http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/

    The "--limit-rate=30K" flag isn't necessary but it keeps me from
    hammering your web server too hard.

There's still the issue with absolute versus relative links, however.

[Thanks for sending this, Rob.]

--Mary

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Mary Haley <haley_at_ucar.edu> wrote